Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, My config is as follows: Processor: Intel P4 2.4 GHz Motherboard: D845GEBV2 Graphics Card: Integrated (Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device) Graphics Memory: RAM : 1 GB DDR ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Mint 8 Helena Freezes

Hi,

My config is as follows:
    Processor: Intel P4 2.4 GHz
    Motherboard: D845GEBV2
    Graphics Card: Integrated (Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device)
    Graphics Memory:
    RAM : 1 GB DDR RAM
    SWAP Memory: 500 MB
    Linux Kernel: 2.6.31-14-generic
    Dual Booting: Linux Mint 8 main edition and Windows XP SP2

Today during various times of operations like browing the net thro' FF or browsing directories thro' nautilus or while changing the desktop theme, etc.. system hanged. My mouse was working but nothing else was working. even I wasn't able to do shutdown thro' ALT+BACKSPACE. So, I was forced to shutdown the system thro' reset button on the CPU. This kind of forced shutdown happened 3 times today.

I loaded win xp and googled to find this post. One of my friends advised me that My swap memory was a concern so he insisted on reinstalling helena with 1 gb of swap memory (equal to my RAM Size).

I've just backed up the data and reinstalled the system with helena. But still the problem persists

Can some one help me out?

NOTE: LM 8 is a great os to work except for this system freezing problem. I almost forgot xp for the past two weeks and used it only to check my official mails alone.

Regards,
    K.Ramesh Karthik.

Last edited by rokytnji; 06-08-2010 at 08:58 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home