Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is anyone else having problems with HP LaserJets and Ubuntu 10.04? I have a HP LaserJet 3015 and am running a dual boot with Windows 7. Printer is automatically detected ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Can't get my HP Laserjet to Communicate Ubuntu

Is anyone else having problems with HP LaserJets and Ubuntu 10.04?
    I have a HP LaserJet 3015 and am running a dual boot with Windows 7.

Printer is automatically detected and works fine on: Windows 7, Windows XP, LinuxMint, and older versions of Ubuntu.

But when I'm running Ubuntu 10.04, when I try to print it just adds the job to the print queue and it never prints. After awhile I get a message saying that Ubuntu is unable to communicate with my printer. (or something to that effect). I can't even print a test page.

I have tried installing HPLIP following the directions given, but get the same behavior (can't communicate with the printer). I have tried unplugging the power cord and usb cable and plugging them back in (as per the directions I am following). But still not communicating.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Linux Newbie
    I just figure out a few things. One, if you tell Update Manager to ignore libusb-0.1-4 then the printer will work.
    Two, you can Update without ignoring libusb-0.1-4 and get it working in this way:

1. Install HPLIP
    2. Control Panel/Printing/AddNewPrinter