Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Can you get Internet Explorer 8 for Linux because I like IE8's good internet security....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can you get Internet Explorer 8 for Ubuntu/Linux

Can you get Internet Explorer 8 for Linux because I like IE8's good internet security.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Good Internet security w/ IE8? What are you smoking? Yes, it's better than IE6 and such, but it isn't as good as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. In any case, it only runs in Windows, so with Linux you would have to run it in a Windows virtual machine.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

FYI, break-in kits sold in underground guarantee breaking into any Windows computer regardless what browser is used. For six months.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    FYI, break-in kits sold in underground guarantee breaking into any Windows computer regardless what browser is used. For six months.
    Of course, there are those of us who hold the opinion that Windows itself is a virus...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Of course, there are those of us who hold the opinion that Windows itself is a virus...
    Ohhh, calm down, calm down everyone. I think it's good that people here want to use software that they like. It is, after all, the variety that keeps things interesting.

@spyderkid - you know that IE8, as a proprietary Microsoft application, has no native Linux version, don't you? Perhaps you could petition Microsoft to change their approach here? I think it would be very interesting to see a version of IE8 for Linux.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

It would be nice to see IE8 for linux even if you have to pay

also IE8 has better security than chrome because chrome disables anti-virus sofware on the internet to make it faster i know this because reacently on windows i got HTTP Nukesploit a virus (a bad one) because of chrome i dunno about opera

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderkid View Post
    It would be nice to see IE8 for linux even if you have to pay

also IE8 has better security than chrome because chrome disables anti-virus sofware on the internet to make it faster i know this because reacently on windows i got HTTP Nukesploit a virus (a bad one) because of chrome i dunno about opera
    Not trying to bash anything here... I don't like Windows and I don't use Chrome...
    But I have to ask, are you sure you got the virus because you were using Chrome?
    While on Windows, I never actually got infected with any major malware, and the only browser I used was IE. (don't shoot me, guys!)
    As far as a pay version of IE... to quote Rubberman:
    What are you smoking?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Now I used IE for a LONG time because I hated firefox, but to go out of your way for IE? and to say you want to PAY for it?

Just use Firefox or Chrome dude.

Anyway, to answer the question, the one program I think WINE comes with by default is internet explorer, so just download WINE, and may god have mercy on your soul

Quote Originally Posted by thomasstambaugh View Post
    Now I used IE for a LONG time because I hated firefox, but to go out of your way for IE? and to say you want to PAY for it?

Just use Firefox or Chrome dude.

Anyway, to answer the question, the one program I think WINE comes with by default is internet explorer, so just download WINE, and may god have mercy on your soul
    Except that IE for Wine is stuck (I think) at IE 6. I don't know if you can install IE8 under Wine. I certainly have no interest in doing so.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderkid View Post
    Can you get Internet Explorer 8 for Linux because I like IE8's good internet security.
    I'm not aware of anyone successfully running IE8 on Linux but then most Linux users are trying to move away from doing that. If you truly must run IE8, I'd highly recommend doing it under Windows because that's where IE8 will do what it does best. You could always run a dual-boot system then move over to Windows when you feel the urge to fire up IE8.
    oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast