Find the answer to your Linux question:
I hear that K3b has "Support for Blu-ray writing". source: check the official k3b news I have actually had positive success burning dual-layer dvds on K3b, though I couldn't get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    W10
    Just Joined!

Bluray burning on Linux

I hear that K3b has "Support for Blu-ray writing".
    source: check the official k3b news

I have actually had positive success burning dual-layer dvds on K3b, though I couldn't get it done on windows vista using windows vista dvd burner software.

Blu-ray discs are very expensive. I don't want to mess up and waste discs with improper corrupted disc writes.

Tell me anything and everything that is really useful that I should know for burning bluray discs on linux for archiving purposes so that I can get the job done, up to 50 GB dual layer, if possible and all without wasting discs by knowing how exactly I have to do it, in order to not get corrupt burns.

Like for ex, do I have to burn using linux filesystem compatibility or both linux and windows, or just windows? What is the filesystem I am placing onto the bluray disc during the writing process? I would think linux filesytem is best because a lot of my files are lengthy and complex in their file names.

I wonder when 50GB, dual layer disc burning software is going to come out.

ved

Smile

you can burn blue ray disk in window7 using Nero i suggest first you compress the documents as any zip or .rr formate then burn it
    Take risks: if you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise.
    New Users : Read This First

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    As you noted, K3b 2.0+ supports blu-ray disc recording. Playback of commercial discs is another issue, however. FYI, it uses cdrecord to burn the discs, so that command-line tool can be used by itself to burn blu-ray discs that you master yourself.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!