Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
most of the time, sluggishness perceived by the user is caused by not using the correct graphics driver or enabling too many desktop effects that the machine can't handle...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

most of the time, sluggishness perceived by the user is caused by not using the correct graphics driver or enabling too many desktop effects that the machine can't handle

Just Joined!
    netspeed doesnt open, umm Opera crashes, Im watching a video and the screen goes gray. Maybe i did activate too many effects, how do i put everything to default?

Just to put in my two cents. I have tested speeds of multiple programs between ubuntu 7.04-10.10 against Windows XP, Vista and 7, MS NEVER has kept up with Linux. So of course if you're adding a bunch of things in Linux that Microsoft isn't using, fine I understand...that's like saying a Camry is faster than a Mustang when the Mustang has an elephant on top of it...just a bad comparison.

I've never seen any linux distro slower than Microsoft, the only edge that MS continues to have comes by way of software that doesn't work in Linux and then people blame Linux for software developers closing source or refusing to develop for Linux

Didn't want to rant but I felt like it was needed Look up benchmarks and you'll see what I'm talking about. Ubuntu 10.10 has slowed down in some aspects BUT most day to day operations are fast
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

have you tried other browsers to see if it is only opera that is crashing? also i'm guessing the flash plugin is what is causing you issues, how did you install it?

Just Joined!
    I get what youre saying about the effects and maybe that one of the reasons, but is there a way to set everything to default? Im going to google it hopefuly i find something. Ive only tried Firefox and Opera, when I got Opera i kind of mistook it for safari :/ for some reason I thought Opera was safari.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2