Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and have a reliance Netconnect using the device ZTE AC-2736 I was able to create a connection under Network Manager. the device was showng in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Reliance Netconnect ZTE device

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and have a reliance Netconnect using the device ZTE AC-2736
    I was able to create a connection under Network Manager. the device was showng in Network Manager.

When I click on connect, the device tries to get on the network but is not able to. After a few seconds, it shows Network Disconnected.

The Dial Manager that comes in the CD (CrossplatformUI-V-1.0.3 is not working. I download the Dila manager from reliance website for the device ZTE 2726/8710.
    It got installed, but still i could not connect to the internet.

Can anyone provide a solution.

Reliance Netconnect only supports Mac and Windows by default, so its obvious that the official dialer won't work.

Make sure you have correct settings done, like your ID & Password, which is your 10-Digit number.

On top of that Reliance Netconnect also requires few additional settings like setting stupid mode etc.

You can refer to the manual for Mac for that, cause it has some more technical details for those who wants to set up a manual connection of Mac. The Gnome and Mac network managers are quite similar, that will help you pointing out the required settings.

You can use something like to access Mac data on the CD.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed