Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello. Does anyone know the correct procedure for upgrading Adobe Flash Player. I just installed Linux Mint Debian and noticed that my flash plugin is the old Shockwave Flash. I've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question How to upgrade Adobe Flash Player?

Hello. Does anyone know the correct procedure for upgrading Adobe Flash Player. I just installed Linux Mint Debian and noticed that my flash plugin is the old Shockwave Flash.

I've tried downloading the latest Flash Player from adobe. I unzipped it, and moved libflashplayer.so to where I thought the plugin directory was.

My main problem is that I don't know where to look for the plugin file. I tried /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins but as much as I played with the 'libflashplayer.so' file there, I could neither remove the plugin nor upgrade it. I've also tried the /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree directory but once again, I was unable to affect the plugin.

oz
    forum.guy
    To remove the current one, open Firefox and look in Tools / Add-ons / Plugins, then choose the Flash plugin, and select Uninstall.

After extracting the Flash tarball, I usually put the Flash .so file in the "plugins" folder located in the hidden .mozilla folder within my /home/user_name folder. If it doesn't exist, I create it then move the .so file into it, then restart Firefox for it to start working.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Isn't adobe offering up a .deb of flash nowadays?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by nxn00b View Post
    Isn't adobe offering up a .deb of flash nowadays?
    Yes, check this thread .

Just Joined!
    At last, memory serves me well

He might have gone the tar or manual extraction route though.

Tomato, Tomato. Either way, hope everything works out for him.