Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello! I have been having issues for a day now, recently I removed 9.04 to upgrade to 10.10, im duel booting my original OS (Win7) and trying to put Ubuntu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issues with installation!

Hello!

I have been having issues for a day now, recently I removed 9.04 to upgrade to 10.10, im duel booting my original OS (Win7) and trying to put Ubuntu 10.10 on it, I put in a disk I burned the .iso on, and it loaded smoothly, i then chose the download to hard disk option, it proceeded to the ubuntu loading screen and so I wait, then it begins to finish and all of the sudden my screen goes completely berserk (little green squiggly lines in small boxes, along with messed up looking parts of my windows background pop up) and it freezes, and I waited for about an hour (Never had this issue downloading 9.04)

I even tried using a USB boot, and they ended the same.... Can I get some help?

Did you Md5sum the ISO before you burned the cd or used it to make the usb.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    I did not.

Md5sum checks for corrupted Iso download so would be a good idea to check it.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    I just checked it, and the hashes are not equal. What should I do to fix that?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Download a new copy, maybe from a different mirror as the one you have is corrupted - or altered
    Last edited by elija; 03-27-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Typo
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Just Joined!
    kk! Thank you very much for the help!!

Just Joined!
    Download this "Universal-USB-Installer-1.8.2.0.exe" idk if this will help but this is USB creator it will help you to discover where to download .ios form and + makes sure that you create proper USB installer

Just Joined!
    kk.. So i downloaded a version where the hashes matched, then i burned it to a disk and loaded the boot up and it is STILL doing it... I almost cried lol... I checked the disk for errors and its still saying there are no errors :/

You may be experiencing a graphics issue. Try using the alternate install download. Another option is to try Ultimate, which is ubuntu with all the wistles and bells, meaning all drivers already included. If that doesn't work, go to distrowatch.com and try some other distro's, with hundreds to choose from, something will work.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast