Find the answer to your Linux question:
ubuntu 10.10 no repositories i installed ubuntu 10.10 and i was unable to get updates and no apt's so i searched and read forums and ubuntu pages and i installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ubuntu 10.10 no repositories

ubuntu 10.10 no repositories
    i installed ubuntu 10.10 and i was unable to get updates and no apt's so i searched and read forums and ubuntu pages and i installed medibuntu and bleeding edge 1.1.5 what update to 1.1.7 from softpedia dot com. And,I choose best apt's repositories to sudo apt-get update but bleeding edge 1.17 with medibuntu installed alot of repositories so now i had all updates.
    it can work or not but helped it alot until now.

Linux User
    In Ubuntu: make sure you have internet access on your Linux computer. Then under the "Start" menu, goto "System" -> "Administration" -> "Software Sources". It will ask you for an admin password. Then it will open a window for setting up your repositories.

Under "Ubuntu Software", make sure that at least the "Canonical-supported Open Source Software (main)" check box is selected, and that your "Download From:" menu has selected a repository server close to where you live.

Closing this window will save changes. You can check the changes you made by looking at the file /etc/apt/sources.list You can edit this file to specify more repositories, but using the GUI is easier.