Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
G'Day de_logics; The partition is 100 Mb not Gb and as I said it was only evedent with the latest version of easeuse partition manager and the partition manager in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

G'Day de_logics; The partition is 100 Mb not Gb and as I said it was only evedent with the latest version of easeuse partition manager and the partition manager in the install of ubuntu, I had a look in the disk management program in windows and not there, another one of lifes little mysteries I guess lol.
    Everything I've read so far tells me hgparm can be dangerous so I'll have to look very closely before I get to involved.
    The command line will be some what interesting as opposed to click and go but it should be fun and if I blow it well we just start again, Got to take your 10 wipeouts.
    Kind Regards Miykel

Quote Originally Posted by Miykel View Post
    ...should be fun and if I blow it well we just start again, Got to take your 10 wipeouts.
    And that is a person ready to try some new stuff!

The reserved area of your drive, though, is definitely going to be Windows related files... You want them gone? Wipe 'em out. Just make sure that you are sure that you are done with MS on that computer... otherwise, we can count this as Wipeout #1
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

G'day jayd512; It seems that is the case, that is, it's Windows thing, and having W7 on the other boot I'll just leave it alone, Don't mind taking a wipe out or two but suicide is a bit too far lol.
    Kind Regards Miykel

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Actually I think you should get a Windows refund. Now THAT's some fun.... that'll surely bring you to the headlines.

G'Day de_logics; I did get a refund from MS once for that disasterous anti virus program "one care" which was so hopeless, at least they got their act together with Security Essentials, Very efficient and economic as far as recources go, free to.
    BTW. Do you have any idea how to config a file after you download it in Ubuntu; I finally found how to download the -c,-s,-rZap, channellists for Klear but can't find anywhere how to configure them, would appreciate any help on this.
    Kind Regards Miykel

Linux Newbie
    I've no idea about video capture cards, but you should start a new thread.

Depending on the type of file in question, a new thread would probly be for the best.

You'll get more views that way. And that means better chances at relevant help.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

G'Day jayd 512 ; I've been tryig to find the answer to this question in this forum, under "Klear" plus lots of othe rLinux forums and nobody seems to know how ti download and install these files (???) but without them Klear will not run, I can only assume nobody uses it. (??) I'll just keep looking it must be out there somewhere.
    Kind Regards Miykel

What I mean is... what is klear?
    If not looked for it except for a cursory search just now. A TV recording program?
    If there is a website, look for documentation there (best source... from the horse's mouth).
    If they have Linux support, do they support YOUR distro? It may be a .deb or .rpm file that you can install.
    You may have to install from source code... I'm not familiar with the program.

Really, though... check the website for Linux support, and you should be able to locate some useful info.
    Feed it back to us if you have any questions.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

G'day again; Well yes thats it it's a tv program and when I launch it, it just says -c,-s,-rZap channellist needed etc. and the website, went there and found the channellists got them using "get" (I think) or it might be fetch, then the link at the top of the file page and that seemed to work ok but I have no Idea how to configure them and there is nothing on the websight, even sent an email to the developers but received nothing back, beets me,
    Blessings Miykel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2