Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I would very much like to put this ubuntu program back onto my laptop. I did however a year ago experienced problems with the link between my laptop and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu lucid linx and printers

Hi, I would very much like to put this ubuntu program back onto my laptop. I did however a year ago experienced problems with the link between my laptop and my two printers, ie Canon isensys LBP 2900 laser or a canon 2700 inkjet. I could not print from either of my printers. Have anyone perhaps solved this problem which is the only ones keeping me still on Microsoft.

alternatively is there a printer which (I hope to find in south africa) that you would recommend?

The best printers for Linux are those made by Hewlett Packard; there is an excellent open-source driver for them called HPLIP, which is available in most distros.

There are quite a few printer manufacturers that don't support Linux properly.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    HP Printers tend to just work but this may help. I've had a quick look through and it's not as scary as it first appears
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent