Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the latest version of ubuntu. I'm still getting used to the system, and my gnome panel has a minor but irritating problem. If ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Gnome Panel Bug

Just 2 weeks ago I upgraded to the latest version of ubuntu. I'm still getting used to the system, and my gnome panel has a minor but irritating problem. If i click on any of the directories under 'places' from the panel, it will show a minimized window that says "opening desktop..." or whichever folder i chose. It will sit there for maybe 10 seconds while the mouse goes into the wheel showing that it is loading. After that the window goes away from the panel on the bottom and my mouse returns to normal, but none of the directories open properly Does anyone know how to fix this problem or have any information regarding the problem? No error message shows so its hard to find where to start.

Thank you for any contribution.

Just Joined!
    also, I just realized the same thing happens when i go to applications -> Wine ->Browse C: Drive. However with that no box pops up at all. Basically nothing happens.