Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm finally making the change away from rhythmbox for the now adopted Banshee and I'm noticing that my fans run really hard when I'm running banshee. I'm monitoring ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Banshee = fans running hard

Hi All,
    I'm finally making the change away from rhythmbox for the now adopted Banshee and I'm noticing that my fans run really hard when I'm running banshee. I'm monitoring speeds and don't notice a huge increase in temp but the fans none the less run hard. CPU usage is running around 6% for banshee not nearly enough to cause this. Any suggestions? I have a fairly large laptop so having the fans run hard make it a bit loud when around others. Thanks all
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Kentucky or the South Pole with the Penguins
    Do you have the "library watcher" enabled in Edit>Preferences>Extensions ?

There was a bug report that it was very buggy and sometimes causes memory leaks. I don't know if it was fixed yet, but maybe this could be your problem.

Instead of using Library Watcher, if you do use it (which don't work very well, AT ALL), you can just go to Tools>Rescan Music Library and it will do the exact same thing. Just the difference here is that it is a manual thing as opposed to it being done for you every time music is added to your set music directory and automatically applying it to your banshee music list.

SunshineFolk