Find the answer to your Linux question:
The background for my situation is this: I have cobbled together a computer using a bunch of old but working parts from my pile of spares, and have decided to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Command Shell Corruption Issue

The background for my situation is this: I have cobbled together a computer using a bunch of old but working parts from my pile of spares, and have decided to have a go at using Ubuntu Linux. Having read up on a variety of resources, finding out what exactly linux is, how it is different to windows etc I then burned myself a Ubuntu disk. I have installed it successfully and can use apps on the desktop and it boots from the disk in under 20 seconds on PATA hard drives, but when I try to use the command shell (ctrl+alt+f1) I get this on my screen:

Cant post links yet, the address is the filesmelt.com address with this on the end "dl/DSC026921.JPG"

The Ubuntu desktop environment is fine, can launch the applications and everything, but when I press ctrl+atl+f1 to go to the command shell I get this screen. Any ideas?

System is:

Pentium 4
    MSI Motherboard
    1.5gb ram
    2 PATA hard drives
    Matrox graphics card
    580w Hiper PSU

Thanks for any replies! Any more required information from me just ask

Checkout whether the preferences->shortcuts properly configured and also You should able to access command shell using something like "Accessories->Terminal"
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org