Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. My self-built PC had a BT wireless adaptor in it which worked, albeit after a bit of a faff, with Ubuntu 10.10 in connecting to my BT HomeHub2. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless stopped connecting

Hi.

My self-built PC had a BT wireless adaptor in it which worked, albeit after a bit of a faff, with Ubuntu 10.10 in connecting to my BT HomeHub2.

When I came to use it last week it would not connect. I'd not changed any hardware but I had been applying regular updates via Update Manager.

Bearing in mind the "faff" factor, I decided to try a different (Edimax) wireless card but got the same result. Upgrading to 11.04 has made no difference either.

It does *try* to connect but fails, so I think the card is installed correctly. I've also tried a full reset on the HomeHub and the setup works fine with W7.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Go to system > preferences >network connections > and check your connection. You might try deleting and reinstalling it to make sure nothing has been snafued.
    Registered Linux user #526930

The drivers may have been updated to a non-compatible driver. You might want to go back to the 10.10 drivers.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your replies Masontx. The wireless did connect in 10.10 initially and I've tried deleting and re-adding the network connection. I can't put my finger on any event that might have stopped it connecting

I have read, but can't remember where, that the new 11.04 had new broadcom drivers in it. The poster had problems with that new driver and blacklisted it, going back to the old b43 driver instead.

Just Joined!
    OK thanks for that, I'll do a little digging.

Just Joined!
    Apparently the problem is with the BT HomeHub2, although I've yet to try this solution.

Sorry I can't post a link to it as I've not posted enough on here yet.