Find the answer to your Linux question:
I suppose to load my Matrox g400 drivers (4.4.0.tar.gz) to either update manager, ubuntu software center or synaptic package manager from the archive manager (I have it there now), is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

want to use driver-x86_32-4.4.0.tar.gz for Matrox g400

I suppose to load my Matrox g400 drivers (4.4.0.tar.gz) to either update manager, ubuntu software center or synaptic package manager from the archive manager (I have it there now), is the way to load it to a place were my video card can find it or address it.

The Matrox G400 should be supported out of the box using the mga driver.

Are you having problems with your graphics display?

Just Joined!
    I have nothing but a black screen ,The MGA drivers is there but it doesn't work. So I need to get it to someplace other then other drivers(because the screen is blank) The matrox drivers I have loaded in the Archive manager but I have to get it to the update manager , or the software center or synaptic package manager to load it . I want to know how to do that.

Just Joined!

just downloaded drivers from the Matrox sight

its driver-x86_32-4.4.0.tar.gz for a Matrox g400 (mga drivers don't work) so now how can i make it so the video card will use or reconize this driver. where do I put it or what do I do ? I'm using ubuntu 11.04.

oz
    forum.guy
    The DOCS folder found within that tarball includes a README.txt file with specific instructions for installing those drivers. The instructions are based on installing them under Red Hat, so you'll need to change any steps so that they apply to Ubuntu, such as using sudo rather than root.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    The DOCS folder found within that tarball includes a README.txt file with specific instructions for installing those drivers. The instructions are based on installing them under Red Hat, so you'll need to change any steps so that they apply to Ubuntu, such as using sudo rather than root.
    That readme .file is as long as war and piece why does Matrox put their drivers in these zipped files if you can't load them simply. Its in the archive manager and I don't have a clue hoe to get it out were the video card will recognize it.