Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by billybob12 Thanks my friend but I only have two hands. The prt/scr and alt are two far apart on this laptop to do this with one hand. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Kentucky or the South Pole with the Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by billybob12 View Post
    Thanks my friend but I only have two hands. The prt/scr and alt are two far apart on this laptop to do this with one hand. Now if I hand a hand the size of Andre the giant it might be possible. LOL

HAHAHAH. Thats too funny. But yeh, just try "Print Screen" by itself Didn't realize you weren't using Natty Narwhal OS (Ubuntu 11.04)

And the laptop, yeh I would have imagined you would have been on a desktop, with a regular keyboard. My assumptions are way off.

SunshineFolk

Hmmmm. I don't know what to try and turn off as some kind of feature you may have turned on... I wish I could see it to see if it looks like a feature or not. Does it look good though? I mean, not like good to you obviously but like, is the trails choppy, or the red line look like it's not supposed to happen? Cause if it looks bad, lets say, the line that it makes isn't particularly straight, or choppy, or looks out of place, then it probably isn't a feature but a bug? maybe?

Try this, just for shits and giggles, to see maybe if it changes anything at all. I'm just trying anything at this point

Go to command terminal..... (Ctrl-Alt-T) should work for 10.10.

Then type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    Or maybe try them as separate commands if you get an error during the apt-get update without the && at all.(thats what I gotta do)...

I don't know if this would even do anything at all, but HEY. Worth a shot!!

Then maybe a restart.

SunshineFolk

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineFolk View Post
    Hmmmm. I don't know what to try and turn off as some kind of feature you may have turned on... I wish I could see it to see if it looks like a feature or not. Does it look good though? I mean, not like good to you obviously but like, is the trails choppy, or the red line look like it's not supposed to happen? Cause if it looks bad, lets say, the line that it makes isn't particularly straight, or choppy, or looks out of place, then it probably isn't a feature but a bug? maybe?

Try this, just for shits and giggles, to see maybe if it changes anything at all. I'm just trying anything at this point

Go to command terminal..... (Ctrl-Alt-T) should work for 10.10.

Then type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    Or maybe try them as separate commands if you get an error during the apt-get update without the && at all.(thats what I gotta do)...

I don't know if this would even do anything at all, but HEY. Worth a shot!!

Then maybe a restart.

SunshineFolk
    d

Want to see what the fool thing looks like. I drew it but this is what it looks like
    I will try the sudo but so far no cammand I tried up to now said no such thing to install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I pretty much figured thats what it would look like. But does it look like it could be a feature or setting? I mean, does it look like if you did turn it on, it should be there? Or does it look like something is wrong and definitely isn't right?

I know it don't look attractive to you, but I'm saying is it like choppy or anything of that nature, like it isn't a nice feature (for people that want a trail?)

Does it do this on your desktop too? Cause it just dawned on me, that there are some chrome extensions (firefox too I'd imagine) that do this effect that your talking about.

Go to just your desktop, with everything minimized, and try to see if you can imitate the same action, please.

SunshineFolk

Just Joined!
    Nothing choppy. Looks like it should be there. It happens on any page including the desktop. It also allows you to press left mouse button and lay out a space to maybe type something as I see in Irfanview. Does that tell you anything? NO

I got ya now,.I'm just confused myself. I'm trying anything I can to google this to find an answer, but all I'm coming up with is to reset your mouse...Which does that when you restart, so if you've done that then there is no need to run a script that would reset it while your still logged in.

Let me keep trying to find a solution, I will get back to you once I find a possible solution.

I'm stumped man!!

SunshineFolk

Well let me get this correct first, it has a trail no matter if you left-click or not, and when you do left-click, it gives you something like a text-box?

Just trying to clarify this since.

Honestly, Im thinking about having you download a screen capture program, so you can do a short video showing me the trail and what the left-click does. Sounds crazy, but I can't quite figure this out either SORRY.

I'll keep trying tho. But answer those questions if you don't mind please.

SunshineFolk

Just Joined!
    Man I gotta tell you. You wouldn't believe the time I have spent Googling this thing. I have nothing but time though. This is not unlike a monkey trying to copulate with a football. Thanks for trying to help

Just Joined!
    Well we can stop Googling my friend.I am using a wireless mouse and have been just inserting it like I would in Windows but no Linux is different. The Da*n mouse has to be paired. Here is what has to be done.
    Plug the USB base station into a USB port on your computer. Some USB base stations have an LED that flashes as it looks for a compatible mouse, others may not. Wait about 60 seconds for Ubuntu to fully recognize the USB base station.

Press the button on the base station. This will put the base station into pairing mode. On some base stations, an LED will flash when it's in pairing mode.

Press the "Connect" button on the bottom of the mouse to pair the mouse to the base station. When paired, the LED on some base stations will go out.

Restart your system. In most cases, your windowing system won't formally recognize inputs from your wireless mouse until your system is fully restarted.

Try this screen recorder, "XvidCap Screen Capture" , you can get it on Ubuntu Software Center....

Download/Install it, run it...It's as simple as pressing the Play button to record, then pressing the Stop button (square button) to end recording.

You can also use the pin dropper in the pane, to select the part of the screen that you want to record, if you want to just record a certain part of the screen. Up To Ya!

I'm just trying to get a better idea of how to google it to be quite honest with you. Cause the only thing I can picture is the trail that you are talking about. Which obviously we can't find an answer to.

So if you got some memory to waste with this 2,875 kB file (which isn't much) then go ahead and make me a video so I can see exactly what its doing. Show the, pointer sitting to show the fade into red, then the trail, then the left-click thing... Please... You can just do it on your desktop to make it a little easier to see, and you can change your background to whatever if you would rather me not see what you've got currently on it , again up to you.

You can upload it to any website/uploading service you'd like, just make sure to put the link on here so I can get it to watch it.

Sorry for all this trouble, but I would just like to see this in action

SunshineFolk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast