Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a problem that I have been trying to solve on and off for the past two months. I have my home network set up like so. My router ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking between ubuntu 11.04 and windows 7/vista/xp

I have a problem that I have been trying to solve on and off for the past two months. I have my home network set up like so. My router has 4 ethernet ports so I have 1 hooked up to a network hub where I have 2 computers running windows xp and 1 running windows 95, on my other router port I have a desktop using ubuntu 11.04 and I have 2 windows 7 laptops and 1 ubuntu 11.04 laptop connecting wirelessly. All of the computers can see each other in my network map except for the ones running ubuntu. I can successfully ping every computer on my network from every computer without fail (even the ubuntu ones). The weird thing is that my ubuntu computers can see and use files from all of my windows computers but still nothing can see the ubuntu computers. I have set up samba to no avail and when I open file sharing and try to enable it on ubuntu it comes up with "this feature cannot be enabled because the required packages are not installed on your system." I have done clean installs of ubuntu 11.04 and 10.10 on both ubuntu computers and kept them up to date but the same problem persists. I have tried to do the same steps above with all of my computers wired but still nothing.
    Any Ideas?
    Any responses are greatly appreciated

Just Joined!

nevermind

Today when I started up all of my computers they all showed up in my network map. Just a fluke I guess.