Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Skype not working

Hi! When I open Skype, pops up login window and after about 5-10seconds it dissapears. I have tried reinstalling it, it doesn't help. I am unable to use Skype for about 3weeks now. What can I do to fix it?

SkittleLinux18
    How did you install it? via package manager or from the website?

Just Joined!
    I tried both.
    But it was working fine for year and one day it stopped.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    SkittleLinux18
    Oh I don't know, then. I did have trouble with skype from the package manager on Ubuntu. So from that day forward, I always just installed the .deb file I downloaded off the skype website. Have you tried the skype forums? I'm guessing you've already tried removing the packages and reinstalling them, right?

Just Joined!
    Thanks! I will try to re-install once again...

SkittleLinux18
    Uninstall via package manager and reinstall from the skype website. Make sure you choose the .deb file for either 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your architecture.

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot! It worked, after I uninstalled all plugins for Skype! Now it works!

SkittleLinux18
    Good, I'm glad. Thanks for reporting back, too. Also, stick around the community. You might find some new friends here. I recommend introducing yourself in the coffee lounge. Also, feel free to post a screenshot of your distro, while you're in the coffee lounge, on the screenshots 2011 thread. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Just Joined!
    Thank you! I will be regular reader of this forum anf maybe someday I can help others