Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, so on this computer I have Kubuntu and Windows 7 running on a duel-boot. The two don't know of eachother as I had Windows 7 as it was pre-installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unistall from Duel-Boot?

Hi, so on this computer I have Kubuntu and Windows 7 running on a duel-boot. The two don't know of eachother as I had Windows 7 as it was pre-installed on my computer when I first got it and then I installed Linux also. I want to remove Kubuntu because I am going to install it on a different computer and there is no need for it to be on the one I am on now. I removed the partition once and Windows 7 was not able to boot. When I turned on my computer it said grub>rescue and some other stuff. Now i reinstalled Linux to get the grub back. Everyone says to use the Windows 7 boot cd to FIXMBR and remove grub but I don't have that cd. Is there any other way I could remove Linux? However I did get a drivers and utilities disc from bell and it says for reinstalling dell inspiron desktop computer software
    Last edited by Polofiesta; 06-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Linux Guru
    If you removed the Kubuntu partition and now can't boot, then obviously Kubuntu Grub bootloader was aware of windows 7 and chainloaded it to boot. What you need to do is repair the master boot record for windows. If you do not have an installation or Recovery CD, you should be able to download one from neosmart technologies. You can download an EasyBCD. Link below and read the documentation before doing anything!

Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki