Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Installing Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 10.10

Hi every one,
    I currently am using UBuntu 10.10, and I cant do anything online that requires Adobe. I tried installing, but I always get the message, Not Found, There isnt a software package called "Adobe Flash plugin in your current software sources" Can someone help me with installing Adobe? THanks!

Tintinhull, Somerset, UK
    Make sure that you have the repository (I think it's in Multiverse, but could be Universe). Use System>Administration>Software Sources and check the boxes.

You can install flashplugin-installer in Synaptic Package Manager, or it should be available in the Software Centre.

This program installs the Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.

When you install the system, the installation ask if you want to install the extra packages, just clic yes and everything works, just for future installations.

4. $spacer_open
    I have tried both methods. But neither of them work. I keep getting the Package dependencies cannot be resolved Error in the USC... Any other advice on installing Adobe???

Correction: I am running Ubuntu 11.04 on an Acer 5336 Aspire

EDIT: I have installed Adobe through Flash Aid 2.1.1, which found it for me. Google is a wonderful thing. Thanks to those who tried to help!
    Last edited by Griever_By_Birth; 06-18-2011 at 08:20 PM.