Hello Forum.
Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong area, I wasn't sure where to post it.

My question/problem is that I am having problems getting my Epson Action Laser 1500 working with Ubuntu 10.04 and I need to know if there are any compatible drivers (CUPS) out there for this printer.
I realize that it is a very old printer but it still works great and it makes a fantastic network printer. I am hoping that it will work with Linux, more specifically, Ubuntu 10.04.
I have looked through the Ubuntu Forum and didn't find anything that helped.

I did a Google search and found a "driver" file that claims to be the right one for the Epson Action Laser 1500 printer.
The file that I downloaded is an "IBM Omni driver" and apparently it is a VendorSupplied file?

The problem that I have (assuming that this is the correct driver) is that it didn't come with any kind of "readme" that explains how to install (compile) this driver, and I am still too new to Linux to know exactly how to do this.
I found the file on OpenPrinting | The Linux Foundation

I have extracted the files to my "downloads folder" and they all have a .so extension.
I suspect that I should use the sudo apt-get command but I don't know the correct format to use. I apologize for my ignorance with Linux but I will learn in time because I am just not willing to go back to M$ Windows.

Any help, ideas, suggestions, etc. is gratefully accepted.

Thank you in advance for your help.