Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I recently enlarged my ubuntu 8.04 partition and was notified to fix the filing system Let me guess. You re-sized Ubuntu while booted into Open Suse partition. Hope you unmounted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

I recently enlarged my ubuntu 8.04 partition and was notified to fix the filing system
    Let me guess. You re-sized Ubuntu while booted into Open Suse partition. Hope you unmounted Ubuntu partition before you re-sized it in Gparted (right click unmount).

I just did a bunch of stuff on my IBM A22M Laptop with Parted Magic CD. Deleted Puppy Partition and re-sized / (root) and /home in AntiX 11 partitions to take over unallocated space on hard drive left over from Puppy deletion.

During enlarging both / and /home while in Parted Magics Gparted. I made sure everything was unmounted first before doing any re-sizing. While I was enlarging my partitions. One of the steps in gparted is to run a e2fsck on partition being enlarged to look for any file system errors and fix them if need be. Surprised that you did not see this step while resizing/making bigger Ubuntu 8.04 partition.

Hi Roky!! I saw it but did not know how to do it. you were right Mike, I had to use sudo. I got:
    e2fsck 1.40.8 ( 13-mar-2008 ) /dev/sda3: clean 411725/5357568 files 8945641/21402596 blocks

when it finished. I hope that my computer stops acting funny now. Thank You Very Much Gentlemen!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Hi Roky!! I saw it but did not know how to do it
    One of the steps in gparted is to run a e2fsck on partition being enlarged to look for any file system errors and fix them if need be
    You don't have to do anything. It is a automatic step in the process that is resizing partitions. No manual involvement should have been needed by you. At least that is how mine went.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2