Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
That would be a torrent file, for use with a bittorrent client. If you read through the page, you'll see several other download options. Links leading here and here , ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That would be a torrent file, for use with a bittorrent client.

If you read through the page, you'll see several other download options.
    Links leading here and here, for example, giving you a direct download.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Banned
    Thunderbird just told me that this type of file or network may or may not be legal in my location................NOTHING IS LEGAL IN N.J. NO EXCEPTIONS. One thing that I can always be sure of, is that the FBI, CIA, NSA, and or the idiots who follow me, that might well inform the prior lettered organizations may all be reading this now, or at least that is what the judge on FOX TV says.

PS. The above is neither a joke, nor is it exagerated in any way shape or form, anyone with personal knowledge of me, knows this to be true. Thus what may well be acceptable for you, may not apply to me.

PSS. The above sometimes causes either minor or major computer malfunctions, that only a well trained eye can spot.

Really

Then I suggest ordering a CD.
    Or trying a different distro, one that may pick up your gfx chip automatically.

Not sure why a mail program is giving errors about torrent files, though. Especially since Linux is free to distribute. But that's neither here nor there.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Try something besides Ubuntu. I abandoned it long ago. There are other, and better, Linux distros available, all free, as in beer.

My best guess as to your problem, without being in New Jersey, is that you have a defective CD. You either got a bad .iso file or a bad burn, is my first thought. Get the md5sum for the .iso and compare it to your download. If that checks, burn a new CD and try it. This is a rather common problem.

Banned
    I may also not choose to give full access to my computer to a person or network of which I have no knowledge, that has ask me to download something, that few people are, thus can identify me easily. Have also tried mint already, with the same results. I know I'm being a pain here, but the above is true, thus I have to be better than everyone, from everywhere, everytime, it's just my life. Sort of an X-File, or George Clooney movie.

PS. Ordering the disk, won't find the missing drivers, or remove the missing bios info or bug, like I said, Ubuntu is up and going on my old Dell.

PSS. Remember that big lawsuit between the USA and Bill? Remember how Bill gave in and all those things that the USA said Bill couldn't put in an OS and three times more got included in Vista when Bill gave the previously mentioned lettered organizations unfeathered backdoor access codes to win-x..............?

Well... I've made the only suggestions that I can.
    Torrent, direct download and ordering an alternate installation disc.
    I don't really have anything else that I can throw out there.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

Banned
    Thanks for replying, my burner and disk are fine, as I used the same disk to install to an old desktop here, it's up and going strong, though I don't quite understand it all, being a window-frame and all. What is your thought on a next best choice for Linux, I also tried mint with the same results on this particular machine? I know it's probably what's either on or not on the machine that is the problem, as it only wants to run on windows, as though someone is telling me WTF to do, and how to do it, with what software, that they can easily monitor..............

Banned
    Thanks Jay, like I said, it would not be easy. I can't see that I have a bad disk, when it has worked, and with that being the case, why I need a different type of download. I once bought a new comp from Dell, promptly removed the hard disk, then tried to reinstall my own software. Had to call the Dell/Gov techies who informed me, that for some reason this could not be done. They told me to return the computer, which I did. Had I waited the 90 days or year to do this reinstall, it would have been junk..............I might just have the same thing here now, unless I want to give the US govt unfeathered backdoor acces that Bill granted to keep his company afloat----the lawsuit did not disappear, Big Brother won.

If the CD works on other computers, then the problem is likely a graphics card problem. Mint is just a spinoff of Ubuntu, so they will probably have the same problems. Other choices are Fedora, OpenSUSE, CentOS, Debian, and the list goes on. There are literally many dozens of Linux distros available. You don't appear to be willing to listen to anyone else's recommendations, so I won't give you any. Good luck, and keep your tinfoil hat tied tightly on your head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3