Find the answer to your Linux question:
All, I have been using Kubuntu for several years now. I just upgraded from 10.04 to 11.10 (fresh reinstall). No new hardware. I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

photo printing colors

All,

I have been using Kubuntu for several years now. I just upgraded from 10.04 to 11.10 (fresh reinstall). No new hardware. I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1280 printer which has served me well for many years.
    After the upgrade, when I print a photo, it comes out looking like the magenta color is missing. Reds come out Yellow.
    After a few days and lots of ink, I have found that the colors are fine if I use a "Print Quality" of "Standard", but the colors are wrong with anything higher (High, Photo, or Best). I used to use Photo all the time.
    I'm using the "Epson Stylus Photo 1280 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.7" driver, and have tried the simplified driver as well. Both exhibit the same behavior.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    That's one of the dangers of going with the bleeding edge versions of a system. My guess is that the CUPS drivers for this printer are not compatible entirely with the OS. Have you updated your printer driver from Avasys? I have a Epson 1400 running on Scientific Linux (RHEL) 6 and it prints colors perfectly using the current driver set.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Have you updated your printer driver from Avasys?
    I didn't even know about Avasys. But alas, they don't have drivers for my 1280, probably because it's too old.