Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All I was wondering is it possible to use Ubuntu for T.V. viewing instead of getting a T.V. I mean with a card that is used for T.V. Thank ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

T.v.

Hello All
    I was wondering is it possible to use Ubuntu for T.V. viewing instead of getting a T.V. I mean with a card that is used for T.V.
    Thank you all.

It is possible. It's worth doing some careful research before purchasing though as not all work, and some that do work need a lot of tlc to get them working. In general Hauppage work.

Check here for information.

Linux Newbie
    Hello Peter
    First I would like to thank you for answering my post.
    So if I were to get a Hauppage T.V. card would it work with out to much trouble? I'm somewhat of a newbie so if you say yes it would be easy would this mean that all I have to do is plug it in?
    Thank you for your help in advance.

Linux Newbie
    Peter
    I found a Hauppage card that seems to work. It is a Hauppage WinTV-HVR 1600 ATSC/ClearQAM/NTSC TV Tuner PCI w/remote 1199 PCI interface there was one person that said it was easier to get it to work in Ubuntu than with windows. It didn't work great but did work. It sounds like this one would work maybe I'll give it a try later. I'm going to do more research on it to see if there is any more information.

You might look at mythbuntu. I have never done TV over the internet, but Mythbuntu was designed with that in mind. Also, google myth TV for more specific info on how to get it all working and what equipment you will need.
    Registered Linux user #526930