Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Is there a package named smbfs in your Ubuntu resources that you need to install, maybe? See here: [SOLVED] Having problems mounting win shares on new install - Ubuntu Forums...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Is there a package named smbfs in your Ubuntu resources that you need to install, maybe? See here:

[SOLVED] Having problems mounting win shares on new install - Ubuntu Forums

rrl
    Just Joined!

SOLVED: installed smbfs

That was it. I had to use the ip address however as I was getting an unresolved hostname error when using the computername. I had come across other forums suggesting this as well, I was hesitant to install it at first because before installing the smbfs package I had tried to alter the mount command to: mount -t smbfs...., I got an error msg saying not to use it, and that I had been warned. It was a little creepy. The other posts were older as well, and I wasn't sure if it was still the right solution, but it did work. Thanks for you time and input Atreyu.
    Last edited by rrl; 12-05-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: appending solved to the title

Trusted Penguin
    yw, glad its sorted.

btw, you can put an entry in /etc/hosts on your Linux box that resolves the Windows box's ip address to a hostname (ideally use the the one returned by the hostname command on the Windows box). It is cleaner that way.

cheers.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    rrl
    Just Joined!
    Copy that, will do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2