Find the answer to your Linux question:
see heres my issue, im currently on ubuntu and i cant seem to get my iphone connected to it so i ultimatly need itunes, so i have my WDP disc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

trouble installing Windows Developer Preview as duel-boot on Ubuntu

see heres my issue, im currently on ubuntu and i cant seem to get my iphone connected to it so i ultimatly need itunes, so i have my WDP disc but when i put it in i cant do anything with it. how can i get it to install on my computer, thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

Unless you know what you are doing, the easiest/quickest path in my opinion would be to start from scratch, clearing your hard disk, then installing Windows first, then Ubuntu. You can restore any important data to the drive afterwards from any data backups that you keep on hand. Note that it is possible to install Windows after Linux, but doing so is a bit more complicated, hence the need to know what you are doing.

Just my opinion and suggestion... as others here might have different recommendations for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenewby View Post
    see heres my issue, im currently on ubuntu and i cant seem to get my iphone connected to it so i ultimatly need itunes, so i have my WDP disc but when i put it in i cant do anything with it. how can i get it to install on my computer, thanks
    As said, Windoze first then Ubuntu is the rule...

Regarding your problem with your iphone and Ubuntu, have you installed gtkpod from the Ubuntu repositories?

Perhaps informing us how you have tried to synch your iphone with Ubuntu so far will give us an idea on how to fix your problem maybe. What version of Ubuntu are you using too?