Find the answer to your Linux question:
hiii everyone, I would like to know from where can I get source of jdk1.5.0_11. I need it for Ubuntu. ( I got rpm file, which I tried to convert ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Downloading JDK 1.5.0_11 for 64Bit Ubuntu server ? or . . .

hiii everyone,

I would like to know from where can I get source of jdk1.5.0_11.
    I need it for Ubuntu.
    ( I got rpm file, which I tried to convert to deb using Alien . . FAILED with some error )

Currently it is installed in Suse. We are migrating a server.

Else I would like to know how to install 32-bit of java for the specified version on a 64 bit system.

Someone told me that you can install 32 bit JDK on 64 bit system but you need to include some additional files. . something . . lib32 or library file.

After all, its kinda URGENT.

Than ks in advance

I'm not 100% sure that this is the one you need, as an agreement is required before downloading.
    There are Linux .bin files there, as well as the self extracting RPMs. Something in there should do the trick for you.
    Hope it helps.

Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 5
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I have got the src.zip from rpm for jdk1.5.0_11.

But are there some additional files or libraries that also needs to be installed for running 32 bit jdk on 64 bit system ?
    I am seeking for those files

or any alternatives

EDIT : I would also like to know if the src.zip obtained from rpm will be enough to install atleast prominent part of java.

I am concerned because the size for the rpm is ~ 42 MB but the size for Zip is ~ 16 MB. ( too much shredded )

Thanks
    Last edited by zsycho; 12-31-2011 at 02:07 AM.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ah... I see.
    I'm not familiar with the dependencies for JDK.
    But if you can post them, then someone who is familiar with it may be able to chime in with some more information for you.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    jayd512. .

sorry for re-phrasing that question.

I can't say for sure if it would be enough...
    The RPM is going to have extra information included. Headers and package info, etc.
    So, in my best guess, if I were to remove the extras and compress just the source, it should come out to about that type of size difference.
    Until better advice comes along, I'd say go ahead and try it on a non-production machine.

So long as it's a test environment, worst case scenario, you'll be out a little time.
    Jay

New Member FAQ