Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I'm having a problem where my wife's Del Mini is going into hibernate immediately upon discharging despite battery being full. The system is telling me that it's critically ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ubuntu 11.04 Hibernates Immediately Upon Discharge

Hi All,

I'm having a problem where my wife's Del Mini is going into hibernate immediately upon discharging despite battery being full. The system is telling me that it's critically low and then goes into hibernate. This is a false message as I can run in XP no problem, plugging and unplugging the system with no problem. Furthermore if I boot the system up without a charger being in it'll stay on, it's only if I boot with the AC adapter in and then it comes out (which it does frequently, not a great AC adapter) that the system goes into hibernate and then takes 2-3 minutes to come back up. It's become enough of an issue to where my wife is looking at alternatives (including going strictly back to Windows which neither of us wants). Any suggestions or has anyone faced a similar bug? I'm not even sure how to bug report it, not sure if it's kernel, power manager, or something else. Thanks in advance
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I don't know that this is much help in the grand scheme of things, but maybe the removal of the power supply is causing a spike which is freaking out the monitor?
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Perhaps, I'll monitor the usage and see what I can find out. I'm also going to install Bodhi on it to see if I'm getting the same issue. Royal pain :-/
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"