Find the answer to your Linux question:
i use ubuntu 11.10 and use devede to create iso files and brassero to burn the iso. but after i burn 1 dvd i have to reboot my linux box ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iso software

i use ubuntu 11.10 and use devede to create iso files and brassero to burn the iso. but after i burn 1 dvd i have to reboot my linux box then im able to burn amother dvd.
    is there any other iso burning software that isnt as picky as brassero

Trusted Penguin
    There is k3b, which is popular -though it geared towards KDE users. There is also GnomeBaker (obviously with a GNOME bent). There is the built in CD burning feature that comes with nautilus, too, but I don't know if that has merged with Brasero or not.

You could also try doing it from the command line.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    K3b uses the growisofs command-line program to burn DVD's under the covers. I'm not sure about Brasero. I have had better luck with K3b since it respects recording speed limits and other recording parameters that I set, better than Brasero. In any case, I haven't had this problem, but then I run Red Hat clones, which use older kernels than Ubuntu 11.10 (still bleeding edge in my opinion).
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I've never had that problem with Brasero on Ubuntu 10.04. You might want to look at other causes such as the driver for your dvd, or try it with 10.04 instead of 11.10.
    Registered Linux user #526930