Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
No, I haven't used video joiner, but I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. It is an improved version of 8.04, is long term support, and with updates covers the latest hardware, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

No, I haven't used video joiner, but I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. It is an improved version of 8.04, is long term support, and with updates covers the latest hardware, codecs, etc. It doesn't impose the "improvements" of 11.04 and 11.10 that so many people have complained about.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Linux Newbie
    I use a modified version of kubuntu which is just for my OS. Even though it is 8.04.3 LTS , 10.04 LTS is a testing version . Yes LTS stands for long time support but the packages for my OS are being updated every 2 or 3 days.

Have a kind-of htpc which combines a pc with satellite dvb, tdt terrestrial and cable as an option. These are all pci modles, the one`s I was referring to earlier.

My pc is called a Reelbox Avantgarde and really is the all in one solution to watching movies and pc. The ubuntu software for this hybride is a slightly modified version of your versions of what you have.

There`s the prob. If I were to load 10.04 into my pc it would robably kill it. I am inclined to go for the vitualbox route.

Thanks for yor input.

Linux Newbie
    Been going through (this time in detail) the install of VM. Seems like you need a windows xp cd installer with pass .

I am not about to give MS my money, which is a reason for me going to linux,

In any case I think my problem is very rare as few people on the net have this or really give a dime .

Waiting for Rubberman to put some views forward cause I think VM is toooooo.......risky. Short of that if any one of you guys can get ultra video joiner to work ,Please let me know.

The ship seems to be sinking slowly.Damn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2