Find the answer to your Linux question:
The new Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha 2 was just released, and in the release announcement it states, "This is the first Ubuntu milestone release to include images for the armhf architecture, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What Arm cpu's does the new ubuntu 12.04 support?

The new Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha 2 was just released, and in the release announcement it states, "This is the first Ubuntu milestone release to include images for the armhf architecture, for the ARM CPUs using the hard-float ABI." Does anyone know which ARM CPU's this includes? I have 2 devices, one with ARM 7 cpu, and one with ARM 8 cpu that I would dearly love to put linux on instead of Android 2.1 and 2.2.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    From what you say, it seems it will only run on ARM gear with hardware floating point support, which a lot of ARM chips don't have. Other than some research on the ARM web site, I don't what else to suggest. I use PC-104 gear from Technologic Systems. They would probably know - they run Debian Etch on their systems. Their site is Technologic Systems PC/104 Single Board Computers and Peripherals.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!