Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i just upgraded to 11.10, i have done nothing but reboot. the login screen is correct, and i log right on however, when the desktop loads all i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

fresh upgrade to 11.10. After reboot there is n desktop enviroment????

ok i just upgraded to 11.10, i have done nothing but reboot.
    the login screen is correct, and i log right on however, when the desktop loads all i have is the three icons that have been on my desktop (just a couple .deb packages and a the android sdk launcher), and at the top of the screen where it would say activities, places, system in gnome 2 (i realize that this is not what would be there in 11.10 to begin with but just for the sake of giving a good depiction) it says file, edit, view etc. just like as if it was an application open.
    i dont get it at all, i dont have access to anything except the files in the filesystem. i dont know how to access the terminal or any other apps cept the android-sdk. HELP lol

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdroid View Post
    ok i just upgraded to 11.10, i have done nothing but reboot.
    the login screen is correct, and i log right on however, when the desktop loads all i have is the three icons that have been on my desktop (just a couple .deb packages and a the android sdk launcher), and at the top of the screen where it would say activities, places, system in gnome 2 (i realize that this is not what would be there in 11.10 to begin with but just for the sake of giving a good depiction) it says file, edit, view etc. just like as if it was an application open.
    i dont get it at all, i dont have access to anything except the files in the filesystem. i dont know how to access the terminal or any other apps cept the android-sdk. HELP lol
    I don't use Ubuntu 11.10. This might help maybe.

11.10 - I've lost everything on my desktop? - Ask Ubuntu - Stack Exchange

Good Luck with it.

Just Joined!
    Umm wow, all I had to do was log in on the guest account then logout and back into my account

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by shemdroid View Post
    Umm wow, all I had to do was log in on the guest account then logout and back into my account
    That's good that you solved it. You can edit your thread title to
    fresh upgrade to 11.10. After reboot there is n desktop enviroment? (Solved)
    So other folks can see your fix when searching.