Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I'm can't seem to get the BBC's live news video to play. All the other videos on the BBC website and BBC iPlayer play fine. Videos from YouTube and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem With Live Streams in Both FireFox & Chromium

Hi

I'm can't seem to get the BBC's live news video to play. All the other videos on the BBC website and BBC iPlayer play fine. Videos from YouTube and other sites work as well. I suspect that the problem may be that the live news is a live stream but this is only a guess.

I did search before posting this here and I found that the Flash Aid extension for FireFox was supposed to resolve this problem. After installing and following the instructions nothing changed. I tried again and this time an image would appear as if it was about to play and then it would stop.

I apologise if I have overlooked something simple but I have tried for the best part of an hour and can't fix it. Thank you for your help.

K

Just Joined!
    Hi Kafka, I don't know if this helps, but I'm not doing anything special with flash and firefox and I can view this stream okay: http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/

I tried the URL with a "blank" Firefox profile that doesn't have any plugins installed. I'm using:
    flash-plugin.x86_64 : Adobe Flash Player 11.1

Thanks Brian for your time. As I'm new to Linux I thought this was my fault turns out it was nothing to do with Ubuntu at all. We have a Mac Mini as a HTPC in our sitting room and it could not get BBC news either. It must have been something wrong with either my ISP or the BBC news website it now works in with both machines. I should not have been to hasty to post my apologise.

K