Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am having an issue where when end users connect to the pptp server (ubuntu with zentyal) they can not access the internet. They can access everything within the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Issue pptp traffic to the net

Hello,

I am having an issue where when end users connect to the pptp server (ubuntu with zentyal) they can not access the internet. They can access everything within the network but not the internet. The ubuntu server is behind a netgear router. Here is the setup

Internet <<>> NetGear (router, nat) >>> Layer2 switch >> Ubuntu Server.

I only have one ethernet drop to the server which is considered the LAN

Any suggestions?

rrl
    Just Joined!
    Hello, welcome to the forums. Are these users connecting through the internet to the PPTP server? There are VPN'ing into your network?

Just Joined!
    Yes, they are vpn from the internet into my network (Ubuntu server) is the VPN server. But they are having issues browsing and/or pinging the internet while connected to the vpn server. This is any website unless it is on our network locally.

rrl
    Just Joined!
    It's because all the clients traffic is being routing through the tunnel. Try this split tunnel method

rrl
    Just Joined!
    The solution I linked to was for configuring an Ubuntu, client. What are your clients running? This/ shows you how to configure Windows clients for your purposes.