Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, This is my first post here so Hello everyone. I am going to try to put this Linux onto a thumb drive: geteasypeasy.com/get-easypeasy I have given up trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New to Linux and needed some help

Hi,

This is my first post here so Hello everyone.

I am going to try to put this Linux onto a thumb drive: geteasypeasy.com/get-easypeasy

I have given up trying to make my Asus netbook work with an auto booting USB stick. I cant make it do it at all.

I wanted to get PEBuilder to boot on the USB Stick so I could restore a drive image that was made using driveimage XML on (dare I say the word here?...) windows.

Is it possible to boot directly into Linux (like the one I am trying now), and get it to make XML make the back up of the system and then restoe the system via Linux?

I thought Linux might be an alternative methd of windows drive back up using a usb drive.

Thank you for your help.

Just Joined!
    lol. xD I would try doing this with a disc... that seems to be easier. When your machine Is booting up click f12 (this should bring up the boot options) then select "boot from cd" or something like that. There might also be a "Boot from usb." Hope that helps!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by PYTH0N View Post
    lol. xD I would try doing this with a disc... that seems to be easier. When your machine Is booting up click f12 (this should bring up the boot options) then select "boot from cd" or something like that. There might also be a "Boot from usb." Hope that helps!
    I have a netbook so no disc drive

I was hoping there was a Linux type pebuilder and make xml time image software. Linux would boot outside the sys on USB stick and fix the problem that way.

Thanks again for the reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Belle, were you able to download EasyPeasy? It is a pretty easy to install system, but I have to confess, I've not installed it on a netbook, I've installed it, though, on a laptop in the past, and I think I've installed it both to the hard drive and possibly also to a Virtualbox environment, and ran it directly from another system. So unfortunately, I do not have the hardware or the system to give you step by step instructions, at least not from personal experience.

If you can tell us, in detail, the steps you attempted, and where specifically they went wrong, that may give us some ideas on how we can help you out.
    Brian Masinick
    masinick AT yahoo DOT com

External cd/dvd drives are pretty cheap these days, and is how I handle netbooks, tablets, or laptops with a malfunctioning or absent drive.
    Registered Linux user #526930