Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Forum. I have posted this issue with the Ubuntu Forum and got no response at all. Is this an evil subject? If so, a simple, "no help availabel for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help with a Saitek controller.

Hello Forum.
    I have posted this issue with the Ubuntu Forum and got no response at all.
    Is this an evil subject? If so, a simple, "no help availabel for this subject" would at least be something I could learn to live with.

As the title of this post suggests I have a Saitek "Rumble" P2500 Game Controller installed on my computer; a rather old IBM 1.8 MHz., with 1.5 GIG's of RAM. The OS installed is Ubuntu 11.10.
    I realise that Ubuntu Linux provides the drivers for this controller natively but for some reason, it quit working.

Everything was working fine until 2 nights ago when I noticed that uponI exiting the game that I was playing (Oolite) the blue light at the top of the controller flashed once (it NEVER does that, I don't even remember the last time I saw it light up) so I re-opened the game and noticed that it no longer recognised the "Joystick" (the controller) so I started looking into a cause.
    When I open the Terminal and run the command lsusb I don't see the dev. listed. It's like the driver just vanished.

Since Linux isn't a prime candidate for virus's I'm not even looking in that direction, so I guess what I am asking is where do I get a driver for this controller and how do I install it? Or, is it possible to roll back to the driver that is in the Kernel?
    I am still pretty new to Linux so please be gentle.

I do prefer the Terminal over the GUI to fix issues.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Respectfully
    Last edited by patriot56; 03-22-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Paragraph re-format

Here's a thread about that controller from 2008, might be worth a look.
    [SOLVED] 06a3:ff0c Saitek PLC Cyborg Force Rumble Pad P2500 - Ubuntu Forums

Here's a questionable link for the latest driver.
    توتو - saitek p2500 linux driver 0.9.0

Just Joined!
    @ amenditman
    Thank you for responding to my post amenditman. None of the other forums will even do that.
    I will try your suggestions and re-post the results.

Thanks again mate.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close