Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I have got two 4 gigabyte flash drives, a Toshiba and a Kingston, which I use for installing operating systems and carrying data, usually between linux and windows pc's. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question My usb fllash drives love Microsoft :(

Hi! I have got two 4 gigabyte flash drives, a Toshiba and a Kingston, which I use for installing operating systems and carrying data, usually between linux and windows pc's.

today, my pc (with the latest ubuntu linux) started to avoid mounting toshiba flash drive. i checked the result of "lsusb" and saw my toshiba. then i checked fdisk -l, and again saw the device as /dev/sdb1.

so, i plugged it off, and on again some more times.because i had no positive result, i tried to mount it manually, through the terminal, which made my terminal window get stuck in a new epmty line under the mount command.

Code:
    user (at) pc &sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/flsToshiba
    (and a new line...)
    an five minutes after, i closed the terminal because it stuck as the code tag above.
    i really need help about this situation, because if i cant solve, i will need to buy new devices.
    edit: i have forgotten to tell that i have no problems using my devices with windows computers
    Last edited by g_k_1993; 03-25-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: forgotten thing

Just Joined!
    solved this problem via formatting the flash devices to fat16 with a windows pc. sorry if i made you busy...