Find the answer to your Linux question:
I gave a computer to one one of my neighbors. 2.0 GHz P4 w/1GB RAM Kubuntu 10.04 LTS She was born in Japan and still has relatives there. She handles ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can I toggle between Japanese and English in LibreOffice?

I gave a computer to one one of my neighbors.

2.0 GHz P4 w/1GB RAM

Kubuntu 10.04 LTS

She was born in Japan and still has relatives there. She handles billing and correspondence for her husband's business in English but would like to be able to write to her folks back home in Japanese. I think maybe it's doable but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it. Suggestions? Links? Tutorials? Whatever, I'm up for it. Thanks in advance.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    They need to install the Japanese language pack (and maybe help files), then they can go to the "Tools->Language-For All Text" menu and select Japanese for their language. That should do it. I'm clueless about input methods for that in LibreOffice/OpenOffice however, since I don't know any Asian languages like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean that take complex input methods for their iconic languages. Spanish, French, and Italian I know, and they take standard input methods, although some accented characters require either multiple keystrokes, or modified input keys using ctrl, shift, alt, etc.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!