Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm runing an Ubuntu derivated Distro and I'm going to need a digitalizer. My problem is that I'm not aware of what is the one (make and model) whose drivers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

compatible digitalizer/printer/photocopier

I'm runing an Ubuntu derivated Distro and I'm going to need a digitalizer. My problem is that I'm not aware of what is the one (make and model) whose drivers already exist in the Linuis arena.
    Any help on this will be much appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    If you mean scanner / printer / copier then pretty much anything by HP will run as will canon and most of the big brands.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by wilifo View Post
    I'm runing an Ubuntu derivated Distro and I'm going to need a digitalizer. My problem is that I'm not aware of what is the one (make and model) whose drivers already exist in the Linuis arena.
    Any help on this will be much appreciated.
    Thanks a lot.
    I have hooked up a number of different brands and have yet to find one that does not work. At the moment I run a HP Office Jet 6000n as a network machine and it works very well and is a natural on the install.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I agree that HP is your best options though most brands work with a high level of success. I say HP for two reasons, one is biased: all my computers, printers, webcams, etc are HP, (well untill recently when I switched my laptop to an LPC+ TuxBook). But more importantly, HP has the greatest number of Linux drivers that are udated on a consistanly regular basis. This means that almost all of the latest HP devices will run in Linux with little to know extra configuration or problems.