Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've looked around the internet for decent macro-programming language that supports Ubuntu and the closest I've found is BASH. Any other recommendations? Sorry for the broad question...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Macro-ing for Ubuntu/Linux

I've looked around the internet for decent macro-programming language that supports Ubuntu and the closest I've found is BASH. Any other recommendations? Sorry for the broad question

Trusted Penguin
    If you could be more specific about what you mean by macro-programming language, i'm sure you'll get some good suggestions. depending on your definition of it, i'd say there are certainly a few that would be at your disposal (in Ubuntu, etc.). Lisp and M4 are two that might fit the bill, but again, it depends on what you mean/need.

Just Joined!
    The ability to manipulate the mouse and keyDown different keys. Also the ability for bitmap and color recognition & a text reader. I've macro'd before, (primarily with Scar (for the PC)) but I've found that it has a few limitations to it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    bump? Also, if one doesn't exist, what would be the best language to program a macro'ing language..? Sorry if that seems vague

Just Joined!
    Python is probably the best scripting/macro/programming language for Ubuntu/Linux, but there's a very easy keystroke/mouse macro recorder called xmacro - highly recommended. sudo apt-get install xmacro
    Google for quick usage guides.
    Autokey very nicely does keystroke automation and has Python scripting ability built into it. sudo apt-get install autokey