Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by amarintj1986 Good to know you speak spanish too, you are clearly a person who likes to learn. I actually gave up trying to answer any post from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by amarintj1986 View Post
    Good to know you speak spanish too, you are clearly a person who likes to learn. I actually gave up trying to answer any post from this forum because you post on all of them ha ha ha. Good for you.

OK, back to the topic. I thought the same about the / on media and tried adding it and still didn't worked.

On the other hand, the usb drive works fine on any computer and in the back usb ports, so it's really weird issue.

I had to turn the computer off unplug the usb and then delete the line on the fstab to continue using the usb at least on the back usb ports.

I can mount the drive but I cannot see the data on it when I mount it...
    OK. Without access to the machine, and my big hammer, I have probably helped you as much as I can. Buena suerte!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Yes I'm sure you did

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    OK. Without access to the machine, and my big hammer, I have probably helped you as much as I can. Buena suerte!
    Yes, I'm sure you did and I appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

I think I'll have to get used to turn the computer in order to use my pendrive... I think is not that bad

My company laptop (running Win7) has a similar issue with the side-loading USB ports, but not the back ones... Go figure!

Oye que curioso

My company laptop (running Win7) has a similar issue with the side-loading USB ports, but not the back ones... Go figure!
    Que curioso, if you are able to solve it please tell me fellow ha ha

I'm going to jump in here with an observation I made this weekend and a suggestion.
    I was loading in AntiX on a co-worker's old pc.
    After I loaded it on the pc I started checking out the hardware.
    I noticed that when I inserted a thumbdrive the mount manager popped up and asked if I wanted to mount it.
    I did and then the folder opened up but was empty.

There were files on the thumbdrive but didn't show up.
    So I went into the media folder and found the sdd folder.
    Opened it and there were all the files.
    Seems like there is a bug in the file manager.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the comment

Quote Originally Posted by TaZMAniac View Post
    I'm going to jump in here with an observation I made this weekend and a suggestion.
    I was loading in AntiX on a co-worker's old pc.
    After I loaded it on the pc I started checking out the hardware.
    I noticed that when I inserted a thumbdrive the mount manager popped up and asked if I wanted to mount it.
    I did and then the folder opened up but was empty.

There were files on the thumbdrive but didn't show up.
    So I went into the media folder and found the sdd folder.
    Opened it and there were all the files.
    Seems like there is a bug in the file manager.

Just a thought.
    Thanks for the comment, I'll take time to try and see what happens. If I don't reply again it's because it didn't work.

Best regards,

I found out the reason to the problem

Hi fellows, I found out something really interesting about this problem.

Look, my job is about offering software for IT management, so I have to do some presentations and stuff. One day I was about to plug my usb drive in my customer's pc (with windows 7) and the OS couldn't install the drivers ffor the usb, I thougt that might be a problem with the OS, so I didn't think much about it.

No long ago, the same problem happend again on a lady's laptop I was checking (I also repair and give maintenace to computers when I have time), which also have windows 7. I just plugged the usb drive to another usb port and it worked fine.

So, that experience let me know that the problems I was experiencing on Ubuntu didn't have to do with the OS, it have to do with the usb drive.

I found out that the problem started when I used the usb drive as a liveusb with Ubuntu 12.04!

It seems the usb bootloader cause a conflict on some usb ports!

Weird don't you think,

I think it is a hardware+windows driver issue. I have problems on some computers w/ Windows 7, but not others also running Win7, yet the same device works without problem on my Linux workstation at home. It is formatted FAT-32 (32GB flash) and is fine with XP, but not Win7 (64-bit). If I reformat the device on Win7, it will work for a bit, but stops again after writing data to it. It seems to be related to how much data is on the device, because if I erase some of it, then Win7 can read the device again...

Curious

I think it is a hardware+windows driver issue. I have problems on some computers w/ Windows 7, but not others also running Win7, yet the same device works without problem on my Linux workstation at home. It is formatted FAT-32 (32GB flash) and is fine with XP, but not Win7 (64-bit). If I reformat the device on Win7, it will work for a bit, but stops again after writing data to it. It seems to be related to how much data is on the device, because if I erase some of it, then Win7 can read the device again...
    ... well that's curious too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2