Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I have been trying to get this to work all day and I am out of ideas and I cound not find any information on the search engines. I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Port Error Port Already open

I have been trying to get this to work all day and I am out of ideas and I cound not find any information on the search engines.

I am trying to use software for my shop on Mint 13 using wine.

Install went smooth, the only error was a missingfont (easly added). The problem is now when i try to sign on (the software is ran on a remote server) i get a "port error" "Port already open" message.

any ideas?

Thanks for you help!
    Last edited by oz; 08-01-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spam removal - PM me if you'd like the details

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by STEXmotorsports View Post
    I have been trying to get this to work all day and I am out of ideas and I cound not find any information on the search engines.

I am trying to use software for my shop on Mint 13 using wine.

Install went smooth, the only error was a missingfont (easly added). The problem is now when i try to sign on (the software is ran on a remote server) i get a "port error" "Port already open" message.

any ideas?

Thanks for you help!
    What software are you trying to use? I suppose it's trying to open a port but the port is already open, that's it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilesterg View Post
    What software are you trying to use? I suppose it's trying to open a port but the port is already open, that's it.

it is industry specific software, i think it is unix based however to launch the program an .exe file is opend. it is called Comptron, www . comptron dot com

the comand to run this system is:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/stexmotorsports/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/stexmotorsports/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/CDITerm.lnk

Just Joined!
    Do you have an idea, perhaps from a documentation, what ports the software uses?

Just Joined!
    s1156.photobucket.com/albums/p573/STEXmotorsports/?action=view&current=comptron1.png

Just Joined!
    does this help?

Just Joined!
    I see. I don't know how your software works, but it thinks it remotely connections to comptron.com:23, which should not be a problem if this software is designed properly. Also, I could see a check box 'Enable PMP Listening', which gives me the impression that 127.0.0.1:1001 would not be used if this box is unchecked.

Could you try
    Code:
    sudo lsof -i
    sudo netstat -lptu
    sudo netstat -tulpn

Just Joined!
    ok, i am not fimilur with these comands, what does this do?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by STEXmotorsports View Post
    ok, i am not fimilur with these comands, what does this do?
    Issue these to see what are the open ports on your workstation, and what services/ports are open/listening.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilesterg View Post
    I see. I don't know how your software works, but it thinks it remotely connections to comptron.com:23, which should not be a problem if this software is designed properly. Also, I could see a check box 'Enable PMP Listening', which gives me the impression that 127.0.0.1:1001 would not be used if this box is unchecked.

Could you try
    Code:
    sudo lsof -i
    sudo netstat -lptu
    sudo netstat -tulpn

done, i am not sure what i am looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast