Find the answer to your Linux question:
ubuntu folder share is working fine just not on the mdadm raid i built. I'm guessing permissions or some other simple thing is to blame but i can't figure it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mdadm | ubuntu foler share = broken

ubuntu folder share is working fine just not on the mdadm raid i built. I'm guessing permissions or some other simple thing is to blame but i can't figure it out.

this is what i did,
    Code:
    sudo mdadm --create /dev/md0 --chunk=128 --level=0 --raid-devices=3 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdd
    then,
    Code:
     sudo mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdd
    then
    Code:
    sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/md0
    I then changed the name to pool1, then tried to use the folder sharing by right clicking on the mounted "pool1" disk. when i clicked "apply" i got the following error,

Code:
    'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add:failed to add share pool1. Error was Operation not permitted
    I've sense changed the owner to <user>, tried sharing as root, restarted several times and still can't figure it out. It must be something to do with the md0 because i can create shares with any other file or folder outside of it.

Plz reply to this thread instead of starting new ones. Plz state the whole problem all over again, model of computer, version of Ubuntu, how you set up the RAID, etc. It is very difficult for us to figure out what is going on when we have to refer to several different threads for the information.
    Last edited by hagfish52; 08-02-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by hagfish52 View Post
    Plz reply to this thread instead of starting new ones. Any help here?
    what are you talking about?

Below and to the right of this post you will see the word "Reply". Use that. Don't start new threads every time.