Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, Haven't used the forum very often, so apologies if I don't give you enough info. Here's the problem: At work, I'm using Ubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS), running Cinnamon, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printer Not Working

Hi guys,

Haven't used the forum very often, so apologies if I don't give you enough info. Here's the problem:

At work, I'm using Ubuntu (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS), running Cinnamon, and we have several networked printers in the office. I added them using the network scan, and that seemed to go ok.

But when I try to print from any of them, I don't get the 'Test page sent to [PRINTER] for printing' notification. Instead, the job shows as 'Processing' indefinitely. Every now and again (randomly), the notification will pop up saying that it's been sent to the printer, but it never actually prints. Any idea what could be wrong? I don't really know where to start.

I'm not really sure what other info I should give you, so just let me know.

Thanks for your help

You may want to remove the printers and then add them again using CUPS directly. It is not as easy, but it gets you into the nuts and bolts of the process. CUPS has a web-based interface you can use; type http://localhost:631/ into Firefox's address bar.