Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need some assistance in installing World of Warcraft on Ubuntu 10.04. I am following the guide here: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020822642 Earlier today I i had tried to install using wine and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation World of Warcraft Installation Help.

I need some assistance in installing World of Warcraft on Ubuntu 10.04. I am following the guide here:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020822642

Earlier today I i had tried to install using wine and it began installing but once the launcher came up it became unresponsive. Come to realize that I had the wrong version of Wine that i need. So i took care of the wine problem and installed wine 1.3 with winetricks. Now when i try to run the installer it does nothing. I will get the loading curser but then it goes away and nothing appears. I tried re-downloading the installer, it did not help. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    Not working for me. I'm on the latest Cataclysm update 4.3 and playonlinux will not install it

OK, you may want to uninstall everything and then use this guide, which covers Cataclysm; https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft

Just Joined!
    Alright thanks. I'll give it a try and report. I also tired to install Cataclysm and fully update it on my windows partition and just run it through wine from the Installation directory. The launcher will run, however when i press play nothing happens. I tried to run WoW.exe and I got a black screen with a few lines then my monitor goes to standby immediately after and I have to restart my pc. That is very confusing. I didn't get to see the 3 lines of text for now it doesn't display them any more. Any clue what may be causing this?