Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a new user and have Windows 7 installed as dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Every now and then I get a warning window that says that Ubuntu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to erase faulty Ubuntu 12.04 and re-install in dual boot system?

I am a new user and have Windows 7 installed as dual boot with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Every now and then I get a warning window that says that Ubuntu has a crash report and then it will run as usual when that is clicked out. When I shut down and re-boot the screen with the row of dots keeps going on for as long as I leave it to! It won't start with the log in scurren. Then when I hit escape a few times the log in screen comes on. Perhaps there is a fault somewhere. So how do I delete the Ubuntu alone and re-install the Ubuntu without messing up the Windows please? I cannot figure this out.
    Palani, Malaysia.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by palani_ENT View Post
    So how do I delete the Ubuntu alone and re-install the Ubuntu without messing up the Windows please? I cannot figure this out.
    You shouldn't have to actually delete Ubuntu, but instead, you can direct the Ubuntu installer to use the same partitions that Ubuntu resides on now. The installer should reformat those partitions and install Ubuntu there. The installation of Linux shouldn't disrupt your Windows install unless you direct the installer to make changes to the Windows partition(s).
    oz

Just Joined!
    Oh I see. Will try that tomorrow. Thank you.
    Palani

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close