Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guy`s, Hope you can help me out on this one. Been using torrents for 10 years now but today I wanted to transfer some data from one of my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

`file not found Error ` - and it`s showing up in a WINE symbol - Help.

Hi guy`s,

Hope you can help me out on this one.

Been using torrents for 10 years now but today I wanted to transfer some data from one of my old drives to the new one which I have just bought.

Seems at the time I put in a password on this data. This is my data , family photos etc. I tried using a windows software which I downloaded from a torrent site.

Well, seems that wine 1.2 did n`t like it or it was a small trojan on going to a torrent file , any torrent file the cursor would drag around the box from the software downloaded .

In a nut shell there are 2 problems , the first is trying to extract the password from my 2 and a bit gb folder and the second is that I can not download torrent anymore.

Any Help on this welcome . Thanks.

Linux Newbie
    OK, I have kinda fixed the download of torrents using ktorrent. Where as before I would click on the file and show me the contents , now on clicking the file the dialogue ` file not found` shows up . Wine for some reason or other has come in to the equation.

Basically, before I would click and start , now I have to left click the mouse for the pop up menu options and what the ...... it`s programmed to start as a wine app !!

Yes, ktorrent is there , but you have always got to do this operation. This is weird. I want ( like I have been doing for years ) , is to just click and start.

I can not find something in ktorrent that helps me out.

Over to you guys. Thanks.