Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know you guys love Linux, but I just can't get my head around it. I've just built my own computer and want to install Windows 7 on it. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems uninstalling Ubuntu

I know you guys love Linux, but I just can't get my head around it.

I've just built my own computer and want to install Windows 7 on it. I have made a boot disc using the downloads intended for clean installs with keys / trial uses of Windows. However, it took a while, and being impatient I installed Ubuntu first just to check that everything worked. It does, but now I can't install Windows.

Whatever I select from the bootloader it loads Ubuntu from the SSD. I have tried using both DVD and flash drive.

I guess I just need to completely erase Ubuntu from the hard-drive and the Windows disc will boot, but how?

Thanks for your help.

Linux Engineer
    Try removing the ssd from the boot order list completely. This should let you boot to the DVD.
    If you still can't boot to the DVD, Ubuntu isn't the problem (well, Ubuntu isn't the problem either way..)

It looks like you are not correctly changing boot order in BIOS. Make sure to set DVD as First Boot Device and boot up from Windows OS DVD.

In case it doesn't work, boot up Ubuntu and execute this in Terminal :
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    Post output here.

* Its small L in fdisk -l.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First